Anhui Medical University
Anhui Medical University（AMU） is one of the oldest educational institutions in Hefei, Anhui province, which is located in the east of central China and honored as “the city with State Innovation of Science and Technology”.
Why Study in Anhui Medical University?
1. Established in 1926 AD, the govt closely-held university
2. Recognized by WHO, CMC, CSC
3. Listed by China Ministry of Education to inscribe International students for absolutely English Medium Medical programs
4. Course of study entirely supported International customary, teach in English, degree recognized worldwide
5. Twenty third among top hundred Universities in China
6. Four directly connected hospitals with 4000 beds
7. Healthy situation in student’s home country or China
8. International student’s body with Canada, Australian, Japanese, Korean, South Asian & EU students.
9. settled within the Scientific and academic city-Hefei, Capital of Anhui Province, east of central China, close Shanghai
10. Scholarship is additionally on the market.
11. Eligible to take USMLE, PLAB and alternative SCREENING etc.
On completion of the programs within the basic sciences, students are given the chance to use their educational information within the clinical setting by rotating through the assorted medical disciplines at the University’s attached hospitals, set within the US of America, the UK, United Mexican States and Central American country.
Courses & Curriculum
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery- 5 YEARS plus one year internship
|First 2.5 Years (Basic Science)||Another 2.5 Years (Clinic Science)||Final Year|
Obstetrics & Gynecology
|Optional Courses : Computer ， Acupuncture and Moxibustion|
Dental/BDS Course Curriculum
(Bachelor of Dentistry Surgery—5 years plus one year internship):
First 2.5 Years
Another 2.5 Years
|General anatomy Histology and embryology||General pharmacology||General medicine||Prosthodontics|
|physiology||General pathology||General surgery||Operative dentistry|
|Bi-chemistry||Oral biology and tooth morphology||Oral pathology||Oral and maxillofacial surgery|
|Science of dental materials||Community and preventive dentistry||Periodontology and oral medicine||orthodontics|
Master/Postgraduate degree in Medical program (duration: 3-4years)
1. Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) or Master of Clinical Dentistry
2. Master of General Surgery (MS)
3. Master of Ophthalmology (MOphth)
4. Internal Medicine
5. Master of Pediatrics
6. Radiology & image
8. Gynaecology & Obstetrics
9. Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics
10. Medical science of recovery therapy & physiotherapy (Nerve, Backbone &Bone joint)
11. Integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine & West Medicine
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) or Master of Clinical Dentistry
The Master of Dental Surgery is offered in the following areas: biomaterials science, endodontics, hospital dentistry, oral medicine, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral pathology, oral surgery, orthodontics, paediatric dentistry, periodontology, prosthodontics or restorative dentistry. The course leading to the degree involves the completion of papers, required clinical practice and a research project.
Frequenty Asked Questions
1.I really want to study at Anhui Medical University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?
Answer: The program is fully English medium program.
2. How is the living standard in your city? What about the canteen in Anhui Medical University?
Answer: The living expense here is relatively low, for example, about 90 USD for your food per month. There is special canteen only for international students
3.How can I arrive Hefei city, the Location of Anhui Medical University ?
Answer: The recommended flight is transit from Hong Kong to Hefei (around 2.5 hours), or transit from Beijing to Hefei (around 1.5 hours), or transit from Shanghai to Hefei (around 40 min),or transit from Guangzhou to Hefei (around 1.2 hours). Students can choose the travel route according to their location. Hefei. Students can choose the travel route according to their location.
4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the Local airport to Anhui Medical University?
Answer: Sure, we can provide free Airport pick up service for the students in group from local airport – HeFei Airport to campus. But students should send departure detailed schedule to our college’s representative minimum 3 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay. Student can take taxi to the university if pick up service is not available, the taxi fare is around 15USD, which will take around 40 Min from airport to campus by taxi
5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?
Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in Airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in Airport to give international call and domestic call if students need.
6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet in HeFei City?
Answer: There is an airport, train station, bus to many cities in China. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time and there are lots of internet pub for going on internet
7. How is the climate in Hefei City?
Answer: Hefei is located in middle east area of China, it is sub tropic mild climate, average temperature is 16 centigrade degree
8. How is the China Medical Education Ranking in world?
Answer: China medical education is ranked 4th worldwide
9. Can a student open a Bank Account?
Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.
10. Is learning Chinese Language compulsory?
Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. But Chinese language class just be offered in first two years, three times per week, and it is basic level pass required. from the third year, some clinical classes will be taken in hospital, students need practice with Chinese patient, so students need know basic Chinese language
Also It will be helpful for student for daily life if learn some Chinese language
11. How is the Holiday schedule?
Answer:Saturday and Sunday every week.
May 1st: International Labor Day —–7 Days
Summer Holidays: Two months in July/August
October 1st: Independence Day —– 7 Days
Winter Holidays and Spring Festival: One month in February.
12. What is the voltage used in China?
Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
13. Useful public contact number in China:
Answer: Fire: 119
Police Station: 110
Time Report: 12117
Telephone Directory: 114
Telephone Repair: 112
Emergency Ambulance: 120
Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
14. Anhui Medical University address:
Answer: Meishan Road No 81
Hefei City, Anhui Province
15. Passport, Entry Visa and Residence Permit Visa
Answer: Student who apply study for degree program in China , When you come to China , you must apply for an entry X visa ( study visa)，must get residence permits visa within 30 days upon your arrival of in China after registered in Anhui Medical University．Otherwise it is illegal to stay in China
Enroll Yourself Today!
Admission process closes soon. Limited seats left.