Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is the oldest university in Georgia (country). TSU was established in 1918 and it is a state (govt.) owned university. Tbilisi State University offers UG and PG courses in various disciplines including Medicine, Law, and Humanities. The university is approved for MBBS studies by the MCI for Indian students.
Quick Facts about Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Established – 1918
- Ownership – State-owned
- Duration of MBBS program (MD) – 6 years
- Tuition Fees – $6,000/year (~4.25 Lakhs/year)
- MCI Status – Approved (Refer: all MCI approved universities in Georgia)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Admission deadline: 1st of July 2019
About the University
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is a 100-year-old govt. university in Georgia. The faculty of medicine at Tbilsi State University is also one of the oldest in the country. This makes TSU one of the best medical schools in Georgia to study MBBS, BDS, and MD. The courses are offered in 100% English medium to the International students.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is approved by the Medical Council of India. It is also featured in the WHO’s directory of medical schools. The education from TSU is recognized all over the world. The university has affiliations with several universities in America and Germany. In fact, distinguished students receive professional training in Germany.
Tbilisi State University employs some of the best faculty and staff available in Georgia. A lot of their faculty has undergone professional training and have worked in developed countries like Russia. Several key persons have taken up education in TSU, including Prime Minister of Georgia and several state ministers.
Fees structure of Tbilsi State University, Georgia for 2019
The university has increased the tuition fees as compared to the previous academic session. The Tbilsi State University tuition fees for 2019 session is fixed at $6,000. The equivalent fees of TSU in Indian currency are roughly Rs. 4,25,000 per year. Here’s a detailed fees structure of TSU for 2018 session.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Hostel & food||1,60,000||1,60,000||1,60,000||1,60,000||1,60,000||1,60,000|
Note: The fees mentioned above in INR is for the ease of understanding. The university fees need to be paid in USD. The hostel and other expenses will be met in the local Georgian currency i.e. GEL.
- 100% English Medium MBBS program
- 100 years old Govt. university
- Approved by MCI and eligible for MCI exit exam
- Covered under Bologna Process
- Follows ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
- Located in Tbilisi, the capital city of Georgia
- Indian food available
- Direct admissions, no need to clear any English exam (IELTS or TOEFL)
Quick Inquiry Form for TSU
Eligible Students and Admission Process (2019-2020)
Tbilisi State University, Georgia has a very easy set of admission requirements. You can take admission in TSU if you have:
- Passed Class XII (or equivalent) with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Cleared CBSE NEET 2019 (or earlier) with minimum qualifying marks as per your reservation category.
- A good control over English and can understand and interact in English.
- Completed or will complete 17 years of age by 31st December 2019.
- You send us your scanned documents (Passport, XII mark sheet, photograph).
- We forward these to the university to get you your Provisional admission letter.
- The university conducts a video interview over Skype to check your understanding of English language.
- We apply with the Ministry of Education, Georgia to grant you Student Status.
- Once you are granted a student status, the university’s rector will issue an order (Decree) and provide an official invitation.
- We help you in filing for your visa and submit all the documents with the Embassy.
- Once you get a visa, you can plan your travel and begin your study program.