Study MBBS in Georgia (Europe) for 2021 – 2022 session
Take admission in MBBS program in Georgian universities to build a successful future in the field of medicine. Georgian universities rank really well globally. The education from Georgia is fully recognized all over the globe, making students eligible to practice as a doctor in India or any other country.
Students from India and rest of the world study MBBS in Georgia to be a part of the European education system and be a successful doctor. There are thousands of students already studying MBBS in Georgian universities.
Medical colleges and universities in Georgia work towards their international recognition and accreditation. Hence, there are many MCI approved and WHO recognised medical schools in Georgia. This is one of the reasons why students choose to study MBBS in Georgia over many other Eurasian countries such as Russia & Ukraine. Following are the other main benefits of studying MBBS in Georgia.
- Capital city: Tbilisi
- Currency: Georgian Lari (GEL) – Equivalent to ~24 Indian Rupees
- Religion: Majority orthodox Christians (85%)
- Population: 3.7 Million (37 Lakhs) Approx.
- Georgian Embassy in India: In New Delhi
- Indian Embassy to Georgia: In the border country – Armenia
Benefits and Advantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia
Apart from being a beautiful country, Georgia provides various benefits to International students. Students from India and other countries come to Georgia to take medical education. These are some of the reasons why students prefer to study medical in Georgia.
- ✓ No Donations
- ✓ No Entrance Exam (most universities)
- ✓ Scholarships for Excellent Students
- ✓ Covered under ECTS & Bologna Process
- ✓ Good climate and study environment
- ✓ Affordable fee & low living cost
- ✓ Fully English medium program
- ✓ Safe and secure country
- ✓ Eligible for educational loan from all leading banks
- ✓ Degree recognized all over the world
- ✓ Students can work in any European Country
Studying MBBS in Europe and finally settling there is a dream for every student. MBBS fee in Georgia is comparatively low and the quality of education in Georgia is very high. That is why Georiga is becoming one of the famous destinations for taking medical education in Europe. Many Indian students have started going to Georgia after 2011. Hence, studying MBBS in Georgia is preferred by students over other countries.
➦ High-quality education: Universities in Georgia offer significantly better education as compared to private medical schools in India. The focus is put on inheriting practical skills in the student. The students also get access to the latest & modern medical equipment. The good universities in Georgia follow the quality guidelines of the World Health Organization. Hence, studying at a top-rated MBBS University in Georgia ensures success in the medical career of the students.
➦ Lower cost than India and other countries: Studying MBBS in Georgia is a much cheaper option as compared to the Indian private medical schools. Indian medical schools also lack practical experience. Hence, there is no point in paying huge donations to Indian medical schools.
The cost of living in Georgia is quite easy on pockets. The average food and living expenses are just around $250 per month i.e. ~ Rs. 18000. Also, there is no donation to take admission to MBBS University in Georgia. So, Indian students can get the best and low-cost MBBS education from the best universities in Georgia.
➦ Safe, secure, and crime-free country: Georgia is an extremely safe and female dominating country. There is no crime and students from India can freely travel in public transport – buses, trains, or cabs without worries. The majority of the population of Georgia practice Christianity and are God-loving. Georgian people are also very welcoming and accept religious and cultural diversities.
➦ Easy admission process: Unlike India, the procedure to take admission in MBBS universities in Georgia is very easy. There are no special entrance exams. Students with a minimum of 50% marks in PCB can also take admission in MBBS in Georgia. The universities focus on skill-building and as long as the students have a reasonable understanding and interest in the world of medicine, they will blend with the course very well.
Climate in Tbilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi has a humid subtropical climate with warm to hot summers and relatively cold winters. The city receives enough rainfall to avoid the semi-arid classification. The city’s climate is influenced both by dry air masses from the east and oceanic air masses from the west.
The average annual temperature in Tbilisi is 12.7 °C (54.9 °F). January is the coldest month with an average temperature of 0.9 °C (33.6 °F). July is the hottest month with an average temperature of 24.4 °C (75.9 °F).
MCI Approved Medical Universities in Georgia
Medical Council of India (MCI) or National Medical Commission no longer maintains a list of eligible universities. The following is the list of universities that were approved by MCI while the list was maintained.
|2||Ivane Javakhashvili Tbilisi State University|
|3||Ilia State University|
|4||Akaki Tsereteli State University|
|5||Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University|
|6||David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia|
|7||New Vision University, Georgia|
|8||East European University|
|9||Georgian American University|
|10||Georgian National University|
Check the full list of MCI approved universities in Georgia on this blog page.
The fees structure of all the universities is different. However, an average fee comes to around $5,000 USD per year.
MBBS addmission process in Georgia
The procedure to get admission in Georgia is pretty simple. However, it is a time-consuming task, and hence, students are advised to apply as early as possible to ensure that the admission process completes on time. Here are step-by-step details regarding the admission.
- Document submission: We send the student’s documents over to the university. The university then checks the documents and if you’re eligible, proceeds with the admission.
- Video Interview: The university will conduct a short Skype/Zoom interview to ensure that you can understand and speak basic English. Some universities will also conduct a test to check your understanding of medical terms.
- Ministry Approval: The student needs to pay Administrative Fees to the university. This fee is for getting the approval from Ministry of Education & Science (MES) and National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement (NCEQE), Georgia wherein documents are translated, notarized and submitted with the ministry. The approval from ministry grants the student a right to study in Georgia. It takes approximately 15 days.
- Visa Application: The university then issues an invitation letter on the basis of the order of Ministry of Education. Full visa application along with the invitation, payment of tuition fees & ministry order is then submitted with the Embassy of Georgia in India.
- Visa Approval: It takes about 20 days for the Embassy to review the visa application and issue a 90-day student visa (D3 category).
- Travel: The student can travel to Georgia after getting his/her visa and start studying in the chosen medical university in Georgia.
- Visa Extension: To extend the duration of stay, the student makes an application to the MIA, Georgia which grants a Temporary Residence Certificate (TRC) allowing the students the right to stay post expiry of visa.
Recommended Universities for MBBS Study in Georgia
|Ilia State University|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Fees (yearly)||$5,300 USD|
₹3.93 Lakh (Approx.)
Note: University tuition fees needs to be paid in USD. The fees in Rupees (INR) may change slightly as per the current exchange rates.
Hurry! Save your academic year…
The academic session in India is late due to the delayed announcement of NEET 2021 results. The admissions will shortly close for the year in other countries. In fact, they have already closed for the 2021 session in a lot of countries. Do not wait any further and contact us today to take your admissions for MBBS in the best countries.
➦ NEET delayed admissions for Indian students
➦ Admissions closing down very soon
➦ You’ll save 1 year which is crucial for the medicine field because of a very long study cycle
Let us help you in choosing the right university
Hostel facility in Georgia
- Separate building for girls and boys.
- 100% Indian food, cooked by Indian cooks.
- Vegetarian food, and special non-vegetarian arrangement for students who are non-vegetarian.
- WiFi connectivity across the building.
- Fixed timings to ensure that students come back to the hostel after completing their university classes.
- Located at a very short distance from the European University.
Here’s a short video.
Note: This hostel is only for students who
Comparison with Russia and Ukraine
Many agents are spreading false information about Georgia. This is because they do not have collaboration with MBBS universities in Georgia. Hence, they defame MBBS study in Georgia so that they can send the students to the Ukraine or Russia. However, by facts, Georgia is a much better destination for Medical Studies than Russia or Ukraine.
The majority of universities in Russia offer a bilingual medical course. However, their agents in India do not pass on this information to the students. So, the students who go Russia are taught in the Russian language for the last 3 years of the MBBS course. This affects the understanding of the students and they fail to grasp the information properly.
Similarly, medical universities in Ukraine have a low educational standard. Professors of the Universities ask for money from the students to pass them to the next semester. This allows for students to clear their exams without studying. Students who can afford to pay to the professors clear their exams without studying. Hence, this kills the motivation to study in the students.
There is also tension between Russia and Ukraine making the locations unfit and unsafe for students. Unless the problems amongst Russia and Ukraine gets resolved, we advise Indian students to not risk by proceeding with medical studies over there.
Conclusion: Georgia is a much better destination for MBBS studies. The educational quality in Georgia is unmatched by the likes of Russia and Ukraine. In fact, after China, Georgia is the 2nd best destination to study MBBS.
FAQs About MBBS Study in Georgia
What is the duration of MBBS program in Georgia?
The duration of MBBS degree from Georgia is 6 years.The students will cover 360 ECTS credits in 6 years, divided into 60 credits per year.
There is no university in Georgia that can offer a 5-year degree for the undergraduate MD (Medical Doctor) program.
What is the Medium of Instruction in Georgia?
How Safe is it to Study & Live in Georgia?
Georgia is ranked at 85th spot as per the Global Peace Index. Whereas USA and India rank 103 and 141 respectively according to the Global Peace Index.
People of Georgia have a very friendly nature and they happily accept religious and cultural diversities. You will have a very nice and wonderful stay in Georgia during your study.
Is MBBS from Georgia valid in India?
- Complete 1 year internship within India.
- Clear the MCI’s NEXT exam after arriving in India and start practicing.
What are the Future Prospects after Completing MBBS in Georgia?
- Students can practice as a doctor in any country of the European Union
- Students can pursue their MD/MS (masters degree) from Germany with following benefits – No tuition fees and a handsome stipend (upto 4000 Euros per month)
- Students can come to India and appear in the NEXT (National Exit Test) organized by the MCI