AMA School of Medicine
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is the medical school of AMA Education System (AMAES). It is housed in AMA College Makati, which is strategically located at the heart of Makati City.
AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is the medical school of AMA Education System (AMAES). It is housed in AMA College Makati, which is strategically located at the heart of Makati City, the Philippines’ financial and business capital where the highest concentration of multinational, transnational and local corporations and international organizations and embassies hold their offices.
Why Study in AMA School of Medicine?
- Located in Makati, Metro Manila Central Business Area – best location
- Affiliated to 3 Hospitals in Manila (Quirino, AFP and Pasay General Hospital)
- Affiliated to Armed Forces Medical Centre BEST for training in Philippines
- Over 1,000+ hospital beds affiliations
- WHO Listed & MCI approved
- Hostel & Indian Food catering
- 2.4 kms from Indian Embassy in Makati & 6 kms from Ninoy Aquino International Airport – Manila
- Indian coordinator and office in Makati, Manila
- Highly Qualified Faculty
Details of MBBS Program at AMA
Name of Course: Medical Course – MD equivalent to MBBS, offered by AMA College of Medicine, MAKATI CAMPUS, Philippines for International Students.
Duration of Course:
- After class 12 – Five years (1 year premedical and 4 years of medical education)
- After Bachelors – Four Years of Medicine
MBBS Curriculum at AMA
Students from India after class 12 first Enron in a Pre-medical course for 8-10 months before they are eligible to be admitted to the 4 year medical course. Students with a Bachelors Degree can be admitted directly to MD course.
The four-year medical course progresses from the study of the normal to the abnormal human being. Most subjects are yearly courses taken up for two semesters.
The first year covers the normal Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Preventive Medicine & Community health, Psychiatry and Medical Practice I. Class lectures are delivered mostly through computers using LCD projectors complemented by slide/ film showing, laboratory work and group discussions. Pedagogy and Bioethics are incorporated in Principles of Medical Practice I. An introduction to Medical Informatics is incorporated in Preventive Medicine and Community Health before the biostatistics session. Problem-based learning is gradually introduces in certain topics in Biochemistry and Physiology.
The second year deals with Pathology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Pharmacology, Preventive Medicine and Community Health, Psychiatry II and Medical Economics plus introductory courses in clinical subjects. In small groups, students begin to meet patients in actual hospital setting where they are introduced to history taking and physical examination.
The third year involves didactic lectures on common diseases encountered in clinical practice as well as interesting or rare conditions. Pathophysiology is reviewed while clinical features, diagnostic approaches and principles of management are emphasized.
The fourth year or clinical clerkship is mainly spent in actual patient care with 3 affiliated Hospitals serving as the clinical laboratory. Hospital rounds and group discussions give the student a good perspective on bedside manners, diagnosis and management. The clerks rotate through the different clinical departments for 48 weeks with periodic evaluation. The University has arrangement with Govt. Hospitals and the AFP Hospital for Clerkship.
College Admission Process
The student can apply as per following instructions:
Option 1 : Fill In the Online Application Form
Option 2 : Send us a email to email@example.com
- Once we get your application we shall write back to you with questions , comments and details.'
- We submit Your Application to the admission committee for international students of university.
- The University will give us the instruction as to accept the application or reject it.
- If the University instructs to proceed with the admission of student we intimate you.
- We do all the formalities and send you the acceptance letter from the University.
- The students remits the tuition fee to the university account directly.
- Once the student transfers the tuition fee then he/she shall pay the processing fee to us.
- Once the acceptance letter is given to the student the student has to submit his passport copy.
- Then the student applies for the visa in the nearest Embassy/ Consulate of Philippines in your country.
- The visa is issued and you notify us of the student’s date of journey.
- The student travels to Philippines to the nearest airport to the University.
- University officials and our officials shall be there in the airport to receive the student.
- He/She is put in hostel of the university.
- The next day the student pays the tuition fee to the international student department and joins the course.
- If the student has any problems, our officials are there to help the student.
Documents needed for Admission
Upon their arrival in the Philippines, the nine important documents must be presented and submitted for their enrollment:
- Scholastic records
- Birth certificate
- Copy of passport bio page with visa and arrival stamp
- Certificate of good moral character signed by the teachers or guidance director
- Police clearance from your country
- Proof of financial capability
- Psychological clearance from the country of origin
- Medical certificate from the country of origin
- 3pcs 2×2 picture.
Enroll Yourself Today!
Admission process closes soon. Limited seats left.