“Mkhitar Gosh” Armenian Russian International University
Mkhitar Gosh Armenian Russian International University, short-named as Mkhitar Gosh University is a MCI Approved and WHO recognized medical university in Armenia. The university offers programs in various disciplines, including Medicine. Mkhitar Gosh university was founded in 1996. In 2002, the university got the accreditation to award state degrees by the Ministry of Education and Science of Armenia.
Key details about “Mkhitar Gosh” University, Armenia
- Established: 1996
- Accreditation: State license
- Duration of MBBS program (MD degree): 5 & 6 years
- Tuition fees: $2900 (USD) per year
- MCI status: Approved
- Medium of instructions: English
- Indian Embassy in Armenia: Yes, in Yerevan city
About the University
“Mkhitar Gosh” Armenian-Russian International University is an old university located in Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia. The university is accredited by ANQA, Armenia’s National Center For Professional Education Quality Assurance. The university also holds approvals from the MES (Ministry of Education and Science) of Armenia for providing the medical education program.
Mkhitar Gosh International University has also complied with the standards set by the Medical Council of India. It is listed and approved by the MCI. Students from India who pass-out from the university will be eligible to take the MCI’s screening test (National Exit Test) and start practicing in India as a doctor. So, Mkhitar Gosh University is a very good university to Study MBBS in Armenia.
The University is a member of the UNESCO for the International Recognition of Equivalence of State Diplomas and Degrees. The faculty of medicine at Mkhitar Gosh Armenian university offers medical programs in 3 fields – Medical case, Dentistry & Medical Art.
The university is named after Mkhitar Gosh who was an Armenian writer, public figure, thinker, and priest.
Fees Structure (for session 2018-19)
Mkhitar Gosh Armenian Russian International University, Armenia has announced the complete fees structure for the 2018 session of Medical Doctor (MD program). The MD degree is regarded the same as MBBS degree in India.
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year|
|Hostel and food||$2,000|
The INR values are indicative and may change based on the fluctuations in exchange rates. The actual fees will be paid in USD or Armenian Dram.
Calculated at 1USD = 68INR
Eligible students and procedure of Admission
Mkhitar Gosh university accepts students from all over the world. Students from India can enroll to the university’s faculty of medicine and study MBBS in Armenia if they meet the following requirements set by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- At least 17 years of age (as on 31st December 2019).
- A minimum of 50% marks in Class XII (or equivalent examination).
- Qualifying (passing) score in CBSE NEET 2018 or 2019.
The university does not require any special English level certification. However, it is for the student’s own good if he or she enrolls in an English speaking program while the admission procedure is followed. It will be much easier for the student to survive in a foreign country if he or she has a good control over his English language.
- You send us your scanned documents. These are – Passport, Class XII marksheet, CBSE NEET marksheet and NEET score.
- We will apply with the university for your provisional admission letter.
- We apply with the Ministry of Education & Science of Armenia for granting you a student status and the right to study.
- After getting the approval, we will get your educational documents Apositille from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- We file for your visa and help you with travel and settling in Armenia.
Armenia is one of the countries which allow Visa on Arrival to Indian citizens. So, there is no requirement of an advance visa if a student wishes to study in Armenia. That said, we will still apply for your visa so that you do not face any difficulties or harassment during your travel to Armenia.
“The Pink City of Armenia”
Yerevan also houses the Indian Embassy, which also serves to the neighboring country Georgia. In case of any issues, including loss of passport or a theft, the students studying in Armenia can quickly take help from the Indian Embassy.